04-03-2020, 04:46 PM   #230
racerbruce
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 21 X3 & 13 335is E93

M5 -

Quote:
Originally Posted by M5theonlyone View Post
Watch out for those trucks, they can pop a tyre loaded up and shards of rubber can fly all over the place.
Death toll here is the highest rise yet at 684,I'm not even taking the dog for a walk outside just walking round my property with him like you do yourself.
Indeed - the maximum weight of trucks in the US is 105,000 lbs! That's over 52 tons....

I've often wondered why 18 wheel heavy trucks do not have two front tires on each front wheel area....they have two tires on the drive wheels but not the front wheels....my thinking is if one of the front tires blows, it is an almost immediate assurance a catastrophe will occur - but if each front wheel area had two tires, it would at least limit the risk of an immediate loss of control because it at least would be less likely to have both front tires on one side be damaged.

Well said - I was going to take the Red Roadster out for it's every two week exercise, but didn't want to go with the top up (no rain today) so I just started it in the garage and let it come up to operating temp and then held it at 3K rpm for 5 min after it was at operating temp and tucked it back in the garage.