View Single Post
      04-03-2020, 08:05 PM   #7906
Murf993
Major
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer View Post
Nothing like the good old phone book to clear any, "misunderstandings"!

I'm watching 3 Days of the Condor now and Robert Redford threw the New York phonebook at Faye Dunaway's feet to prove to her that he worked for a CIA front company. They also showed Eastern Airline aircraft, oscilloscopes, and a few other gems...talk about a blast from the past.
So I was a young copper in 12 Division in Toronto and I was working with this old school guy, we grabbed up a couple of master criminals at a B&E in progress, the PDS guy sent the dog in to get the genius out of the basement, we get him into the D office and he's licking his wounds (see what I did there), and my partner we'll call him Jimmy is getting fed up with the BS coming out of his mouth and comes out of the interview room and grabs the Yellow Pages off of the filing cabinet and heads back into the interview room saying "I'm going to help him look up his lawyers phone number".....about 20 minutes later we're driving around with our client and he's pointing out all the places he's broken into in the last 6 months.....I miss doing the job.
Appreciate 3
MKSixer34173.50
N54Yankee2706.00