06-13-2017, 04:59 PM   #9
N52UNED
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 328i/330BPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasZed4MC View Post
Hamilton doesn't deserve to be in the same sentence as Senna. just look who all the retired and current F1 drivers says who the best was, everyone INCLUDING Michael Schumacher say SENNA hands down
I think Hamilton wouldn't really argue with you there either. Also that Schumacher was being modest (to me he's will always be the greatest F1 Driver).

IMO, the biggest key to Hamilton's success these past championships is the car. Right after Vettel's slump with Red Bull, the Silver Arrows just dominated the field too much to negate. Sure Hamilton is a exceptionally talented driver, but car is the real hero. Without it, he'd be Bottas back with Williams.

Outside of the cars ... what drivers racing against Hamilton can really compare to Senna's contemporaries. Vettel? Is about it. Alonso if he was back with Ferrari. Other than that what other ex-Champion can really can really take it to him, except Vettel perhaps Kimi.

The mid 80's - 90's were so chock full of "greats" ... to me, that's what make Senna so great ... he was great racing against greats. Because when you really think of it ... Senna only had 3 F1 championships in 10 years. Granted, lots of other accolades though. Still I think some greats are being modest.
Appreciate 0