View Single Post
      03-16-2019, 10:12 AM   #7
SoCalS2k
Major
Rep
Drives: S2K!

Garage List
2001 Honda S2k  [8.50]
Wow! I had almost the same exact experience at a few different socal BMW dealers! I thought I was the only one!

I mean shockingly similar! At one place the sales guy made me wait in the showroom for him for about 20 minutes, we could see him standing around talking with other people in a relaxed way not doing any work for most of that 20 mins. Finally after we started pointing at him and visibly laughing he came over to help us. When I walk into Ferrari I always get prompt service. But oh no, this is BMW, the next level!

The two dealers I went to acted like the x7 is a Ferrari. They would let me drive it and didn't have any problems with me poking around at everything with the car but when it came to buying the car none wanted to really help me place an order and acted like I would be lucky to get one, which was surprising. I was telling them I want to lease the car and they were asking me a million questions to make sure I could afford it (if only they could see my car collection... &#128513. In the end one told me he would only sell it at a 5k markup and I was lucky since most customers were paying 10k markup so he was giving me a deal. Who the hell is dumb enough to pay a markup on a family hauler?? Haha. Yes these BMW dealers lost me as a customer forever. I've also emailed a few more dealers and almost all of them have the similar attitude. None will talk price with me over email, because they will probably try to get me into the dealership to give me a markup. They want me to drive In to the dealership to pay a markup. Ok sure no problem. I don't think it's worth it for BMW in the long term when they have these shady tactics and I'm sure they have lost other customers too. You see Mercedes gls and land rovers everywhere in this area, dealers bend over backward to sell those cars and do give discounts on both (not too much on land raver but atleast a little). Bmw will shoot itself in the foot here with this crazy attitude.

I actually do want an x7 and am willing to pay the price bmw is asking but because dealerships are creating roadblocks I have to get a benz. Isn't that strange for a family SUV? I feel like I live in bizarroland! Also secretly I think a lot of us know the new GLS will probably be better then x7 so bmw losing sales now when BMW has the edge seems double stupid to me.

Bmw already lost me because these guys tires me out and I guess selling 90k cars is beneath them, but maybee someone from BMW would read this and change their ways for future sales
Appreciate 2