09-19-2019, 05:35 PM   #49
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin1 View Post
Our 2020 X5 40is we're just delivered with Full Black Merino interiors, and both had ivory headliners (XD5 selected by the CA) - presumably with the understanding that "Alcantara headliner in upholstery color" would be, well, the color of the upholstery. Duh. You can no longer select XD5 on the NA configurator with any interior leather other than white, but ours were very early orders. XD5 is now apparently the code for a white headliner in the 40i, even though the description says otherwise. I believe now in the 50i and the X7, if you select this option with white upholstery you MAY get the blue headliner.
This is completely asinine. If BMW was going to make the XD5 option ivory-only, they should label it as such, not "Alcantara headliner in upholstery color".

I'm really frustrated for you guys taking delivery with leathers OTHER than ivory color, and getting this strange ivory headliner with your darker interior. Especially the black leathers.

It does help me, though, as I get closer to my order, knowing this stupid thing to stay away from.
Appreciate 0