10-19-2019, 09:43 PM   #3
gatordent2007
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 x7 M50i

Garage List
2016 BMW 750xi  [0.00]
I had a 2015 gl350 diesel that I thought was an amazing family suv at the time. More spacious on the interior than many of the other big family suvs including a 2015 lx570 i had. These other cars look larger on the outside but do not offer the space the Mercedes had. I was on the fence about waiting for the 580 but honestly the design to me was so underwhelming. Sure it looks cool enough decked out with the 23s but still didn’t seem nearly as sporty as the x7 with msport or now the M50i. The interior to me overall had no character whatsoever. For them to say it’s the sclass of SUV’s is a horrible misrepresentation. It doesn’t even come close to an sclass, whereas the x7 is right up there with the interior of a 7 series. The other thing I don’t like is the big solid screen that looks so out of place on all the new Mercedes outside of the nicer higher end sedans which seem to position the screen more congruently with the rest of the interior. That being said, I think it’ll be a nice suv and will appeal to more people based on repeat customers having good previous experience with other gl/gls even though I personally think the x7 has much more to offer
Appreciate 0