View Single Post
      10-21-2019, 01:38 PM   #10
mitch57
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X7 xDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by aas5 View Post
I am also in the market for X7 M50. Test drove one last week and think it will be a capable replacement to my X6M. I appreciate all the responses here re the GLE because my own limited experience with GLW back in 2014 led me to rule that car off completely. I just thought the handling was very floaty and unsave at speeds. It sounds like MB has improved that car a lot to a point where it is more comparable with X7 today. I will try to test drive one when it's out but somehow feel that I will stay with BMW.
I test drove a brand new Mercedes GLS 450 last week. I thought the ride was rough, noisy, unpolished and no where near the driving experience I got with the BMW X7 M40i. However, I do like the dash layout on the Mercedes compared to the BMW. The BMW just doesn't have the customization options that the Mercedes has.

In the end, I'm glad I picked the BMW over the Mercedes for a host of reasons.

Now, if I can just hold on for another month while I wait for mine to get built. Mine is being built as I type this and is supposed to be finished by 10/28/2019. Then I have to wait for it to arrive at my dealer's showroom for delivery but not until the end of November. Bummer!
Appreciate 0