09-01-2022, 09:59 PM   #53
PinkNinja400Guy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '22 X7 M50

Quote:
Originally Posted by skids929 View Post
The car is a massive piece of shit. Dump it and move on like I did. I literally ran from that thing as far as humanly possible. Complete crap, would NEVER buy a BMW again, or recommend. In the first year it needed new tires at 13k, a wheel bearing which BMW never acknowledged and still makes a suspension noise they refuse to acknowledge and then we had this same issue and we'd never spilled anything in the H&C cupholder. Dumped it and moved on, happily.
The tires wear out at 13k because it has really soft and sticky high performance summer tires. The grip on those things is insane, and tread life is the compromise that you have to make for that. There are a number of wheel/tire options that BMW will let you get on the X7, ultimately you chose (or you picked a car on the lot equipped with) 280 treadwear UTQG high performance summer tires. BMW did nothing wrong there.

I switched to slightly skinnier wheels with high performance all season tires and the difference in grip is incredible. The all seasons start squealing as soon as you try to do any aggressive cornering; the stock tires would just stick and do the job with no fuss.

I can't speak to your other issues, but it sounds like you had a bad dealership with a bad service department that didn't take your issues seriously. BMW needs to do a much better job of enforcing high quality standards at their dealerships. I luckily found an amazing dealership that is ethical, trustworthy, puts in the effort to do the right thing even if it costs them a bit of time/money, and they will push BMW corporate when necessary to get their customers taken care of. Many BMW dealerships are not like that (another current top thread here on the X7 forums provides an excellent example of that), and that's not acceptable for a luxury brand. It's reasonable to expect that every single BMW dealership will be excellent; that's what you're paying for. The average person doesn't do much research into this, they just use their local dealership, and in that case they're better off buying a Genesis and getting a car which is just as good and (arguably) more reliable, for less money.
Appreciate 0