View Single Post
      10-24-2022, 05:17 PM   #56
amontoya1982
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceC View Post
Hello, My 2019 BMW X5 hit a bump in the road with a Coke in the Cup holder which spilled in to the cup holder and leaked down below the cup holder. Not more than 5 minutes later did a warning appear telling me to drive directly and carefully to my nearest BMW dealer as the “restraint system failure notification” showed up. HUH ? the Cup holder does not hold cups properly ? No sign that says "Put your cup here at the risk of ruining your electrics?" I have given my BMW X5 with only 17k miles on it to the local dealership in Sarasota and we will see what responsibility BMW takes. I now feel the car is "tainted" and am thinking about getting rid of my BMW X5 which this is my 4th one, as I do not feel confident about this important flaw..... I will post the result and if the class action lawsuit wants to reach me I am available.
Same thing happened to me, had the car for a week, hadn't even filled it with gas. 2019 X5 50i. First conversation today dealer told me it is not covered under warranty. Guess I will keep trying to fight it and get them to pay for it, but I am less than confident. I've always avoided BMW because everyone I know with them seems to always be paying some expensive repair. Should have listened to my gut.
Appreciate 0