02-04-2020, 06:44 PM   #9
F87_LCI
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 LBB F87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puneet///M3 View Post
Hey guys, been a minute!

So apparently I'm one of the lucky ones to get an allocation here in Canada. I have done some research to see how many will be actually allocated to the whole of Canada and the Us and cannot find any information.

Are there any posts detailing the allocations all over the world?

Thank you
I had (will explain later in post) an allocation at a higher volume dealer in the GTA and they told me they were getting 3 cars. They also said that Canada would get 200 cars or about 10% of total worldwide supply. I think that is a bit high given our population. FWIW...my own estimate... Quick count of dealerships in Canada is 52 (per bmw.ca). I would say that on average each dealer will get 2 cars (higher volume getting 3-4 and lower 0-1). This means closer to 100 cars or 5% of total supply. Even if each dealer gets 3 cars, that still only 150 cars.

The reason I say I "had" an allocation is that I decided not to purchase the car. I was very disappointed that BMW would not even entertain a request to paint the car in Sunset Orange...a colour they already use on the 2C built in the same factory at the same time. I was even looking to do a Euro delivery and spec the car to the max, which would put the purchase price over 100k (CAD$). I have bought several cars from them over the years and I don't think my ask was overly invasive, nor would it be that troublesome to execute. I'm sure someone who works in a production environment will spout off about the cost of line changes, blah, blah, blah. Again, these guys have an "Individual" program on other models and while this does not generally apply to the Leipzig factory, I am talking about a colour they already use there on the same model of vehicle. Further I asked about getting the carbon trunk and a few other add on and was told "The car comes how the car comes. No changes."

Well BMW...the change I will be making is on Brand. Just got the call today and have a confirmed May build allocation for a 2020 718 GT4. Seems I will be doing a Euro delivery in Leipzig after all...
Appreciate 2