09-16-2008, 01:39 AM   #6
ghusheshe
135 Addict
South Africa
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmza View Post
Lester - BMW customer service in South Africa is not the same as in the USA and Canada.

Anyhow, the car is booked in and - true to form - they blamed the satellite tracking unit before I'd even handed over the keys and then claimed to be unaware of any known issues or recalls on the N54 fuel pumps. *sigh*

When I gave them a copy of the BMW North America recall for the E90's with N54, they were dismissive and said "it's unlikely that the fuel pump would fail on such a new car."

In any case, I did what they asked and arranged for Digifleet to disconnect the satellite tracking. Digifleet said that they were certain it wasn't the satellite tracking but would urgently dispatch someone to the dealership to disconnect it anyway.

The dealer also agreed that I'm entitled to a courtesy car although were not prepared to give me one of theirs and instead dropped me at home and said they'd ask BMW SA to approve the cost of a hire car and contact me in a few hours when they had a response. When I followed up on this (two hours later), they said they have to get the fault codes first and their workshop is too busy at the moment. This, despite the fact I gave them a printout of the fault codes pulled on Saturday and that it take five minutes to pull the codes again.

I then spoke the general manager at the dealership who said he would chat to the person I was dealing with and get back to me "in a couple of hours." I stressed that that was unacceptable as I'd already waited a couple of hours.

A couple of hours later again, and BMW's appointed car hire broker has delivered a Toyota Yaris 1400... *groan*

I suppose I should be grateful they didn't deliver a bicycle because the meeting with client that I'm now an hour late for is 50km away.
Sorry to hear that my man.. Which dealership are you dealing with?? This is unacceptable and needs their full attention...
Appreciate 0