View Single Post
      09-16-2008, 03:40 PM   #7
gmza
Private
Rep
Drives:

Garage List
Forsdicks Sandton.

Car back today with new 3rd-generation fuel pump (code 13 51 7 592 881) and it is going like a boeing! Yay, nothing like a 150km in a Yaris in 30 C midday heat to remind me how cool it is to drive a 135i at full boost and why I put up with the dealer's sh*t. *GRIN*

Damn careless fools at the dealer opened the driver side door into a wall and scratched the edge. ARGH! They didn't even confess. Thankfully, I spotted it shortly after getting the car back. When I challenged them over it, they agreed to pay for the touch-up and to give me a car for the day that it goes to the panel shop.

Annoying that they can be so careless, however, this is not isolated. About a week ago a friend had his 320i touring at Hyde Park auto and they dented the door and similarly didn't confess until taken up on it.

Still, having owned two Audis, I can honestly say that this sort of service is not that bad by comparison to others. At least I got a loan car (even if a Toyota that I had to fight for) and at least they fixed the issue first time and at least they agreed to pay to repair their damage. That already puts them way about three of the Audi dealers I've dealt with in the past.
Appreciate 0