View Single Post
      01-24-2016, 07:12 PM   #2
x233
Lieutenant
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: M2C, M235xi

OK. Update:
Whatever that sensor does it no longer seems needed once the KW EDC Delete unit is in place, or I haven't figured out yet if anything isn't working properly because of it.

Spent more time doing the wiring of the KW thing and redundant OEM wires/sensors than replacing the shocks and springs. This... just tucked in wherever we found enough space for it, which isn't plenty, and this, too, took a while. (started at noon and had to somehow put it all back together as it was already 9 pm). Sorry KW didn't mention it in their instructions.

Anyway, everything seem to work. No fault codes. Unfortunately, we didn't have enough time to test if everything still works if that sensor and its wiring are removed completely. But with the quality of wiring we did in a hurry I'm afraid we'll have to come at it again and do a nicer job, and then maybe try what happens if it's removed.

PS: Still not sure exactly what that sensor does. Just curious.

PPS: Something else. After trying it myself, if I had to do it again, I'd definitely opt for just coding it off than messing with the wires. Seems like an easier and neater option.

Last edited by x233; 01-24-2016 at 07:51 PM..
Appreciate 0