View Single Post
      12-27-2007, 10:35 PM   #12
edgarj
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i e92

Good choice. Considering the minimal time of pulling it out, which gets much faster each time you perform the operation, leaving it in is 'just asking for it'. If you have one of those SA's that's unusually cool and you work it out before hand, maybe, but even then I'd pull it just in case you have major engine trouble that causes the SA to become less cool about the mod due to pressure from the service techs. My SA is one of the cool ones when it comes to reasonable mods, but I still revert to stock with this mod due the risk:reward ratio.

When you take it out, be sure to wipe off any gummy residue on the wires from electrical tape and, most importantly, restore the original dual solenoid tubing (if you're running 1.4x). I've heard that driving it for a day or two after reversion allows for proper ECU adaptation to completely normal parameters, minimizing any risk of detection if they're suspicious and press the question. Is this right? Anyway, it's really easy to revert to stock with this mod, so why risk it?
Appreciate 0