View Single Post
      06-05-2008, 03:47 PM   #8
imported_Katera
Captain
Rep
Drives:

*****UPDATE*****

Ok, here's the deal. ALL VERT OWNERS NEED TO READ THIS!

After taking my 135i Vert in today the following was discovered. When raising the windows with the top up or down you have to do one of two things:

1.) Read page 28 of your manual. Trust me. or...

2.) You HAVE to either raise the back windows individually FIRST BEFORE THE FRONT WINDOWS or...

3.) Use the Big "raise all windows now" button on your drivers side door.

Long story short is when you raise the front windows first...and then try to raise the back windows it can cause a misalignment <the alignment bar is ON THE BACK WINDOW> which actually pops the front window actuator out of place. That is EXACTLY what happened to mine. I was driving down the street and I thought I would decrease a little wind noise while chatting on the phone so I raise the two front windows. I was still having some wind noise so I raised the back two windows and ....POP. The front right window was thrown off.

Interestingly enough my BMW dealership was unaware of this problem or the fix, yet by great luck there was a master tech from BMW North America there in the service dept who walked over and IMMEDIATELY told the tech's what was wrong, how it happened and how to fix it. He did say it could happen again if the back windows are rolled up AFTER the front. This is a design issue BMW figured out after the fact which is why they specifically address it in the manual...on page 28 LOL. If you roll up the windows in the right sequence or use the "Roll all windows up now" button there should never be an issue with it. Interestingly enough when you use the big roll everything up now button, sure enough the two back windows start to roll up first providing the guide for the fronts. Just a heads up!!!
-Boston Grey Leather with Black High Gloss Accent
-Moonlit Black Top
-Comfort Access
-Premium P.
-Sport P.
-Premium Stereo
-IPOD/USB
-BMW Performance Pedals
-BMW Windscreen
-Sat Radio

Meet Kat!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]