View Single Post
      07-03-2020, 06:54 AM   #2
huskerdoc2020
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjs83 View Post
I know this has been brought up before but I'm really having some second thoughts. My X7 is in production and should be arriving in a few weeks. MSRP is $92k and I'm getting about 9% off before incentives.

This vehicle is replacing a leased 2017 Sienna that was just returned after 36 months with barely 18,000 miles. It will be driven used during the week to drive my kids the short distance to and from preschool and after school events by my wife and nanny. On the weekend it will be the family hauler and we will also take it on vacations around the Northeast such as ski trips, maybe 2-3 per year. My DD is a leased G05 X5 that I use mon-fri and currently has 3 car seats across the 2nd row.

My current plan has been to finance it 60 months, putting half down to have a manageable payment and drive it until it doesn't drive anymore. Maybe buy a 7 year extended warranty and think about flipping it in year 8 or something when it will have 40k mikes or just keeping it for the long haul as my kids will
be starting to drive in about 10 years.

I came up with this plan because it seems crazy to have a $1,000 lease payment for a vehicle that we will only use 6,000 miles a year.

I'm having second thoughts because I know these things depreciate quickly and maybe even faster as it seems as BMW is moving in a higher tech direction features can become obsolete very quickly, ie the July 1st Car Key debacle. I'm trying to convince myself not to worry about those things in the family hauler as I will continue to lease my own DD.

At this moment still leaning toward the purchase but I'm curious what the forum thinks, especially those who have bought not leased X7s.
I had those thoughts in the past. I drive 5K per year too. Three words. Just enjoy it. You've earned it. It's not going to change the way you live your life either way. Just enjoy it and be happy you can. Mine should be in production any day now.
Appreciate 1
adamjs83147.00