Thread: Purchase X7
View Single Post
      07-03-2020, 08:14 AM   #3
ComingInHot
Newish
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

I don't lease my vehicles. I buy my vehicles and keep them as long as I still like them....for me that's usually 10 plus years. Newer tech comes out all the time but I can't keep chasing my tail so I basically take a stance and purchase a fully loaded and enjoy it and I don't look back (hence my M50i with everything on order) I have other BMWs on a different life cycle so basically every 6-8 years there's always something new in the garage on a 10 plus year cycle from date of purchase. So granted not a new car in the garage every 3-4 years like leasing but this works for me.

I don't knock people who lease that's a life style decision that makes them happy. Some people want the latest to drive and they pay for the luxury. Some want to get their max moneys worth by keeping them for long. Some want a vehicle to build memories with over years etc. to each his own.

Also note that sh*t happens and sometimes a long haul 10 year plus vehicle can go south on you and force your hand to switch it out. But sometimes not having a car payment is also great when the car is not calling for anything but regular maintenance post warranty. I've been in both situations.

You do you and enjoy what you have.
Appreciate 1
adamjs83147.00