View Single Post
      07-05-2020, 01:53 AM   #15
Waise
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcd2524 View Post
I have always purchased my cars in the past and kept them a really long time (sometimes too long!!) but am now considering a lease. With the pace of change in technology these days (I think about self driving cars, electrics with longer ranges, etc.) I think I will be interested in upgrading in three years. I know its not the best financial move, but it's how I'm thinking about my upcoming X7 build due to be delivered in July.
jmcd2524, I am with you. I also think you will like your X7 so much that you will keep it much longer 😀. In the near future you will just download apps to get more options and features. So you never get tired of the car.

About electric car, I do like them, but as a secondary car. We just do a lot of road trips with my kids that I do not like to plan my trips over charging stations. Our focus is usually the scenic routes.

I also like self-driveing, but as of now or in the near future no body gets near Tesla. BMWs Driver Assistant Pro is still in early stages. I use our X7's Driver Assistant allot on higways, it does reduce lots of driving stress from me especially at night.
Appreciate 1