Rep
Drives: BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heimdall View Post
��
Love it

I don't see anything so limited edition other than the interior colors and materials for the seats.

The rest is plain simple and nothing new.

I would've expected special limited edition wheels at the least. Special badging, different grill, maybe blacked out headlights interior, totally white /smoked taillights
Door projectors with the badge ... show me something limited
Yeah, I get it. There are definitely some special edition elements, namely the paint. These 22" rims look to be the blacked-out versions of the other 22" X7 rims--the 22" black wheels all of us have been wanting to get, but not previously available. But could be more "special", or limited edition.

I've never owned a matte paint car before, but do like the look. Quick research seems to indicate that PPF and ceramic is still possible on matte. Would need to protect the special paint job, and yes, would require extra work.
Matte paint is tough to keep perfect especially if you're an OCD clean person like me. Been there done that, not doing it again. I would PPF the entire vehicle if I bought that for sure.... so add another 5k or more to the budget to cover that if you want it done properly.

Congrats WildBlue I have been on here as long as you have so I get the reasoning behind pulling the trigger now with all this uncertainty going on on what looks to be a fairly well equipped vehicle. I pulled the 2020 M50i fully loaded trigger because of all the 2021 uncertainty and I'm glad I did given the discounts that I got. Hopefully you get a good discount on this special edition but my guess is the dealers are going to hold price on it closer to MSRP.

Welcome to the M50i family , mine is arriving next week and I can't wait Watching those dots for two months has been rough.
Appreciate 0