07-27-2020, 08:55 PM   #133
ComingInHot
Newish
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post
So it seems the other 74 USA Dark Shadow pre-owners are not here on Bimmerpost. (or even the other 499 global pre-owners) Kind of hard talking to myself about Dark Shadow-specific stuff, lol.

I just got a quote from a local dealer in Alaska to do a matte finish paint X7.
- $2200 front end film
- $7000 full body film
- $600 full body 2-year ceramic coat

All in XPEL, to preserve the factory matte finish. Looking at $8k to do full body XPEL Stealth PPF, full body ceramic coat, and window tinting. Doesn't seem unreasonable for what it is. I'd want to be veeerrrrrrrryyyyyyy careful with the matte paint

Got a text from my dealer saying I'm getting one of 75 Dark Shadow editions, and asking if I had received a production date yet. So it seems they don't really know much more than me, unfortunately. I'm still not 100% sold on this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post
So it seems the other 74 USA Dark Shadow pre-owners are not here on Bimmerpost. (or even the other 499 global pre-owners) Kind of hard talking to myself about Dark Shadow-specific stuff, lol.

I just got a quote from a local dealer in Alaska to do a matte finish paint X7.
- $2200 front end film
- $7000 full body film
- $600 full body 2-year ceramic coat

All in XPEL, to preserve the factory matte finish. Looking at $8k to do full body XPEL Stealth PPF, full body ceramic coat, and window tinting. Doesn't seem unreasonable for what it is. I'd want to be veeerrrrrrrryyyyyyy careful with the matte paint

Got a text from my dealer saying I'm getting one of 75 Dark Shadow editions, and asking if I had received a production date yet. So it seems they don't really know much more than me, unfortunately. I'm still not 100% sold on this.
Price seems about right for full coverage. I've seen lower and higher. You need to make sure the place is reputable for all 3 products (PPF, ceramic, tint). You would want to do full with that paint.
Appreciate 1
Wild Blue3683.50