View Single Post
      02-20-2015, 03:37 PM   #7
ksierra
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i M sport

Angry Braman

i bought a 335i a couple months back that was a used CPO vehicle. Soon enough i had problems on the car so i finally found time to drop it off. They replaced a couple things free of charge which was fantastic, but small changes took one day shy of two full weeks. When i go to pick the car up not everything that needed fixing was fixed so i bring it back some time later.(also ordered wrong pieces multiple times) The second time, i got a new rear seat unit that wasn't the same as the last. So, we call braman to ask for the vehicle service record and they agree to give it to us. When we go to pick it up they tell us we can only have the record for the short amount of time that i have owned the vehicle and not from the single previous owner due to some privacy(even after insisting to white out or cut out the info from the previous owner) information from the prior owner. As i leave and stop somewhere for lunch i look over the little records they gave me. I became extremely infuriated from what i came across. During the two week drop off they had fixed an insane amount of things while referring to the cause being a prior frontal collision that had obviously occurred with the previous owner. The carfax records show the vehicle was previously at thier service department several times before and the report indicates what is was there for except for one time when it seems like it was there for a couple of months. It is safe to assume that this is when and where the collision was repaired. Specially since they are not willing to share the records. This is why they took two weeks fixing all the problems it had from the prior collision that they did their absolute best to keep us from finding out. The week after the second visit i am driving home from the gym when i notice the front lights vibrating. When i get home i get off the car to take a look and find the entire right side of the front bumper hanging. I took it to a body shop owned by a friend to be fixed where they tell me it looks like it had been in a collision. Even after calling BMW of North America to ask for the records prior to my ownership, braman refuses to give them up now giving the impression they are hiding something. Some attorneys that I have spoken to say this is a strong case where fraud has been committed. It seems i am going to have to get a court order in order to retrieve the prior service record, so i am sitting here hoping they do not trash the records that show the frontal collision and the amount of damage that occurred as a result of it. I do not recommend Braman to anyone. You are going to get yourself into a mess from hell. In fact, the clicking I took the car in for a few weeks after I purchased it is still there. I wouldn't wish this experience on the people that live to give me a hard time(sound familiar?).
Appreciate 0