05-13-2015, 01:32 PM   #8
Die ///M Rakete
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 ZCP 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhonig View Post
The lease on my 2013 M Sport 535i w/MT is ending in another year. I want to order, on a lease, an M2 when available and I am #2 on my dealer's M2 allocation list. I would like to order the DCT but I am concerned with how smoothly the car will operate with this transmission compared to the 6 speed MT. Also, I'm wondering if on the 6 speed MT on an M car the clutch has as little effort as on my 535i and whether the M linkage is a short throw and satisfactory experience. Thanks, in advance, for any thoughtful responses in this regard.
I would assume that the clutch pedal effort will be nearly identical to what you are used to on your 535i. No one knows what the feel on the M2's linkage and throw are going to feel like but historically BMWs (specially the newer ones) all have about the same smooth feel and amount of effort.

I suggest you drive a vehicle with the DCT before you check that box on your M2 order if indeed that option becomes available. Like M Car Chris said, it does have a feel of its own.
Appreciate 0