DVC
Diligentia Vis Celeritas
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiguelY View Post
MT. Perhaps it will make cool lift off noises between shifts. Probably be less in maintenance costs.

I was thinking of DCT the other day driving for convenience sake, but I want the connection.

If it was a ZF box despite it's awesomeness I would go without hesitation.
Speaking as someone who currently drives a 335i M Sport with 8AT, I will definitely be ordering my M2 with 6MT over DCT.

To be clear, I am very happy with the 8AT in my car... paddle shifting is as fun as I thought it would be: the shifts are lightning fast (which is great for keeping the turbo spooled) and rev-matching makes up-/down-shifts super smooth (and sounds awesome), and it's so easy to use on track that it really allows you to fully focus on your line and car control.
All that, plus there's always the capability to just leave it in full auto mode for when you're stuck in traffic. Nothing to complain about, really; in a clinical way, the modern 8AT and DCT are amazingly good in every way.

But I miss shifting my own gears. And now that I've spent a lot more time on the track, I feel like I will enjoy the 6MT more there as well.