View Single Post
      03-24-2024, 10:32 PM   #10
Paultattoo
Paul Tattoo
Rep
Drives: 2024 BMW X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharp View Post
I just tested it. And yes, the front and back cameras' images follow the steering wheel direction.

The important aspect here is that the cameras themselves don't move, but the image they take does. My understanding is that the cameras capture wide angle video, but only the center part of it is shown on display by default when the steering wheel is straight. As I turn the steering wheel, the other parts of the image get shown on the screen accordingly. This is a nice feature to be honest.

The only problem is that when I start the engine and put the car in reverse, the feature doesn't work right away. I need to put the car in drive and drive forward for it to be activated. So it looks like the feature is specifically designed for the 3 point turn.

Another issue I'm facing is the camera view doesn't switch automatically from rear to front when I switch from reverse to drive. I need to turn off the parking assistant and then turn it back on manually. Does anyone have the same problem?

Mine switches by itself. But... My first two X7's switched as soon as you put it from D into R. My 2024 will not switch until you go from D into R and then start to move. Little annoyance but it does bother me...
Received on 12/28/2023: 2024 X7 XDrive 40i Obsidian Black, Coffee Vernasca Leather, M SPORT, EXECUTIVE, DYNAMIC, ASSISTANCE PRO PKG, LUX SEATING, COLD WEATHER, PARK ASSIST, Ambient Air, Shadowline Trim,
Harman Kardon, Trailer Hitch.
Appreciate 1
ledphut211.00