07-24-2014, 09:27 AM   #115
Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post

Anyways I managed to drop 50lbs in about 6-7 months or so. I went from 300lbs to like 245lbs at my "skinniest". One of the things I think helped me was if I fucked up I would just pick it up again the next day and start again. I really tried hard to not let one bad meal or a bad day or even a few derail my overall effort.

Anyways at some point I stopped. My weight since then settled at around 250lbs. Although I havent been on the "diet" my experience counting calories has made me a lot more mindful of the calorie content of what I eat and I think it has helped me maintain that 250.

However recently I started gaining weight, with a bunch of family issues and work changes I have really not been motivated to do anything. But starting last week I'm back on the plan, I ate pretty good all of last week except for the weekend. This week I have been on point thus far. I would really like to get to at least 200 although it's definitely getting harder the more I lose. Currently shooting for about 1600 calories per day, I try to go a bit low because honestly I'm guessing for my lunch as I always eat out.

So... it's not 5% body fat, but that's my story and that's my goal 50lbs by next year.
Thanks for posting your story man. It will be motivational to people in your situation because you have proven that with a little time and patience, it can be done. A couple of key points I want to make. Firstly, congrats on taking that initial step to drop weight, and continuing to jump back on the wagon when you fall/fell off. The first step is almost always the hardest, and your diligence paid off. Well done man! Secondly, you get it! When people typically think of calorie counting, it's always associated with something negative. Approaching your consumption in the manner that you did has made you more cognizant of the calorie content of food, and has allowed you to more or less maintain your weight loss. A second "Well done!" to you man. Your current weight gain could be stress/cortisol related. As those family and work issues work themselves out, you will likely find that your motivation will return. Add a brisk 20 minute [fasted] morning walk in the morning a few days a week along with continuing to monitor your diet, and the weight/inches will continue to come off. It does slow down the longer you're at it, but that's where the mental focus really plays a part in this game.
Appreciate 0