Sedan_Clan
Law Enforcer
Brazil
Rep
Drives: '22 Chalk Gray Porsche C2S

Quote:
Originally Posted by 954Stealth View Post
@Whostheboss
It is completely normal for your weight to fluctuate from day to day by a few pounds and there are numerous reasons why this may happen. Honestly, you'll drive yourself crazy if you chase that number so frequently.

What would be better is to only weigh yourself once in the morning and that's it for the day. Before eating, before all that jump on the scale. Further to that, if you're not trying to hit a single digiti BFP, I think that weighing yourself one morning once a week is enough to be able to track your weight trends over the long term.
I agree with this. My weight will easily fluctuate five pounds at various points in the day depending on water retention, how much I've consumed, how 'heavy' the food is/was, etc. Sometimes certain foods will cause me to retain water over multiple days, so Boss, some of that weight is likely artificial. I'd track your progress not only by the scale, but by the inches you've lost. I used to suggest to my clients to stay off the scale unless I was the one weighing them, and instead, try something like this:

....Find an article of clothing that fits you tight (..a t-shirt, boxers, briefs, etc.), and try it on to ensure that it is still fits snugly. Take it off, and store it in a drawer for 30 days. After that 30 days has elapsed, try on that/those same article(s) of clothing again and take note of how much looser it is on your body. Sometimes your weight may not change significantly, but a half inch reduction off of various areas of your body makes a HUGE difference in the way your clothes feel and fit.
Appreciate 0