View Single Post
      02-13-2024, 05:58 AM   #35
M3SQRD
Major General
Rep
Drives: E92 M3,G20 330ix,F22 240iX,F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnhayes View Post
Usdol is the “most dangerous job” statistic. #of occupation dead per year/ # of people in occupation. Farmers are usually number one. Alaskan boat crabbers are usually #2 or #3

As far as traffic stops, that comes from the police union themselves. If number of people killed at traffic stops per year > number of police officers killed per year at traffic stops, then those being stopped are statistically more at risk. Forget figuring out justified vs. unjustified. If you ask the police, they are ALL justified. But we know they’re not. Best quotes at police stops of the last ten years “I hope they stomp his ass”, and “20 years ago you’d be dead” - second quote was to unarmed guy with a camera at a library. Terrible crime? Filming.

These are demonstrable facts, if the sources are to be trusted. The “I point my gun and shoot at anything that scares me” culture is societal suicide. Police that don’t know the law, or don’t care, are making things worse. Takes less than 30 seconds to find some video of some ham handed police breaking the arm of some little old demented lady and then high fiving “great takedown” later while she’s screaming in a cell with a broken arm. Makes you wonder how much stuff happened before video.

This here could have ended in tragedy. If anyone wants to argue that driver should die over stupid tune, pretty sure I don’t wanna know you.

Shawn
So you’d be ok with this statistic if the number of police killed were the higher of the two? Based on the number of police + occupants killed during traffic stops just shows how dangerous traffic stops are.
Appreciate 1