View Single Post
      07-31-2020, 10:57 AM   #1
SantaEugence
Major
Rep
Drives: F30 330d xDrive Auto

Anyone else in the South West attempt a beach today?

Took the day off, drove from Bristol to Ogmore in Wales. Car park was stuffed so had to drive to the back up which is away from the decent beach, then had to carry two rucksacks (one was full of barbell weights for the picnic blankets) a cool box and a metal sun lounger 500m to the beach with terrain you'd usually need ropes for. It was only 20 degrees, had half hour of sun before it clouded over, which I thought was ok as still warmish but then I drew the line when it started raining. Carried said equipment back up said terrain even though I'd completed annual leg day only a few days prior and still having hallmarks of walking like John Wayne.
Saw back home was 32 degree so drove back, at which point within 30 minutes of being in the garden it clouded over and now it's gusting so hard I'm having to hold my beer still. Annoyed is an understatement! Anyone else have better luck?
Saw the M5 was totally blocked from 10am too and the weather in Cornwall/Devon looks even worse so I feel worry for all these people stuck in that for a crap weekend!
Appreciate 0