Thread: Sydney trip
View Single Post
      12-26-2012, 04:01 PM   #1
J1n
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: R8 V8 '14

Sydney trip

Merry Xmas Australians! It's been pretty quiet on the forums, so I thought it will be a good review on my drive to Sydney.

It's the first time taking my F30 up to Sydney from Melbourne just to finish breaking in the car and for a short getaway.

The ride took bout 10 hours , man the road was rough on the msports suspensions. The uneven roads where annoying. I have nvr driven such a long distance on sports suspensions. An advice for guys who do a lot of interstate driving , adaptive suspension is a definite must. I did quite a few sprints from 100 to 180 to test out the torque it was surprisingly better than expected. Thinking back when I was considering the 335 and M3, I'm relieved that I got the 328 as the 110 speed limits are a pain in the ass. I wonder if I could ever utilize the power.

I will definitely ponder again when the 4 series is out, time will tell. Perhaps 335 535 or M owners can provide some feedback here ..Fuel consumption was surprisingly good driving with a mix of sports and comfort averaging at 6.9l/100..

As I reached Sydney I was tailed by 2 e90 owners trying to make out my car lol probably not too many f30 m sports on the road yet. I got a thumbs up as one passed me.. I indicated to him that he should get one by pointing at my vehicle and pointing back at the driver. He loved the gesture from his facial expression lol
Appreciate 0