View Single Post
      12-18-2007, 08:02 AM   #27
Serjames
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E93 335i M-sport

Garage List
playing this now... thanks for the tip... I LOVED their previous Game, FARCRY. which if you haven't played was SOOPOORB !!!

Crysis, is a great game so far (I'm just evacing out of the relic level), a little buggy on the textures, but then I'm running the card clocked on what are probably very out of date drivers.

Wish there was a better way to tackle more than one guy at a time though.

The cloak disengages when you fire obviously, but 'cos the guys are so tough unless you face shoot them, it's hard to bash more than one at a time. I.e. I can understand them wearing body armor and not being one shot one kill, but they should at least get knocked over or back when they get hit, this way you could take em down a little more realistically.

Grenades seem to be the answer but prove difficult to use and completely non intuitive, i.e. how far or long to hold "G" before letting go, some sort of ballistic overlay would be usful.

Does suit my "explore-the-whole-map-very-slowly-Camp-and-snipe-from-as-far-away-as-possible " tactics though.

Anyone else found the choppers to be ridiculously easy to bring down with just two rockets ?

I even took out the one that lands commandos by chucking grenades at it as it landed ?!

Really like the way you can cannibalise weapons to take their components and re-use them on other guns.

Wish there was a better selection though. What's the sodding point of giving you a decant cool gun, and then not giving you ANY AMMO AT ALL !

And AK's or Shotguns seem an odd combo ? and the Uzi is just wierd ?

Love using sniper scopes, but think that there should be some better reason for keeping the precision rifle, as the AK with the scope is pretty good really. Perhaps there should be some more accurate ballistic modeling a la Sniper. flat bullet trajectories from an AK seem a little too easy.

Anyway as you can tell am enjoying

SJ