View Single Post
      04-26-2008, 10:59 PM   #21
gizmo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rearro View Post
wow It seems ppl either love them or hate them!!!

I found this on the Hre Web site.

"HRE Performance Wheels Launches Wheel Series Exclusively for Select Porsche Vehicles
August 14, 2007
One-piece forged aluminum wheels offered at fine automotive retailers across the country HRE Performance Wheels, a leading designer and manufacturer of high-quality forged custom alloy wheels, today...

The wheel series is available to fit Porsche 911 Turbo, 911 Carrera 4, 911 Carrera 4S, 911 GT3 RS, 911 Targa 4, 911 Targa 4S, 911 Carrera 4 Cabriolet, 911 Carrera 4S Cabriolet.

"The look and feel of these wheels was created to complement the distinct style of Porsche," said Evan Kinsella, president of HRE Performance Wheels. "This new series, along with our other lines, provides Porsche owners with one of the highest-quality selections of forged custom alloy wheels available."

It looks like they still cater to these guys even though they've been banned!! WoW!

I guess I wasn't too sure about cost!! I'm still waiting for the quote... But if they are 4k and up:eyebulge: I will most deff be waiting on these wheels!!
Their "monoblock" offerings are still fairly new and I don't know much about them other than the P40 is sexy.

In fact, I don't know much technically about why they were banned. IMO, when spending that kind of $$ on a set of wheels, I want something that is proven, and being banned from Porsche driving events does not sit well with me.