View Single Post
      03-18-2024, 11:17 AM   #1
clt_bmwguy
Rep
Drives: 24 x7

2024 X7 Left Me and My Toddler Stranded

I bought my 2024 X7 new from a dealer back in August of 2023. It had numerous issues with it crashing the nav unit, it would literally turn off and turn back on multiple times. My phone would never connect. After 5 trips to the dealer they replaced the brain of the nav unit. The system worked OK for a bit after that. It was no longer crashing repeatedly and telling me that safety functionality was disabled and I was able to sync my phone.

Fast forward about a month or so and my phone isnt syncing again and I have to reset the unit by holding down the power button and repairing my phone.

My phone syncs back but its just a headache as it happens again the following day stating that the bluetooth version was not supported. I reset it again and my phone synced. However now when I try to use "Hey Siri" apple carplay will just completely quit out and then reboot.

The dealer says it will be a month before I can get back in to get a loaner. Lovely.

Fast forward to this weekend. I parked the car and ran an errand with my toddler and came back out (maybe 10 minutes) and got in the car and it wouldnt start. It kept stating to place my digital key in the tray and attempt to start the car that way. What's weird is I had my physical key on me as well as my digital keys. The car wouldnt recognize any. When I got out of the car I tried to lock it with my key fob but nothing happened. however it let me lock the car with my apple watch.

I attempted to press the SOS button to get a hold of road side and nothing happened... hmm that seemed dead.

I then called bmw roadside and they attempted to help me trouble shoot. No luck there. They attempted to remotely connect in, they were unable to communicate with the car. Hmm...

While all of this is happening I'm trying to keep my 2.5 year old cool on a hot spring day in a car that wont start.

They eventually get me a lyft home and then I have to head back to meet the tow truck driver later on. When I got back to the car about an hour and a half later the car started but presented some errors relating to front collision safety sensors disabled and something else. (This same message presented itself earlier as well before they replaced the "brain" of the nav system.)

Absolute nightmare with this car. I am hoping BMW buys it back as its just not safe at this point. Does anyone have any advice on how to get them to take this car back?

Sorry for venting but this is just a nightmware. We have a one month old and a 2.5 year old. I can't trust this car to get us from A to B anymore and it has less than 5k miles on it.
Appreciate 0