04-07-2018, 02:02 PM   #15
CarlosM4
Lieutenant
Brazil
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPiM5 View Post
I think this is the most accurate assessment I have seen to date. I driven both now as well. A lot of people talk about how steering feel on the F90 is now superior to F10 M5, I honestly didn't feel it. The E63S was definitely more communicative with the road as well.

Bottom line, F90 M5 is the more athletic of the two but not by much. The E63S is more of a brute force machine and sounds like it too. Unless you are going to be canyon carving on a weekly basis to really enjoy the weight advantage the F90 offers, the E63S provides more "fun factor" for every day driving situations. Although in terms of comfort the F90 is definitely the winner for every day driving, as the seats are far superior than the standard seats in the E63S, while the racing seats option in the E63S are not really comfortable for long periods of driving in that car. The E63S offers more sleeper status as well, as I honestly cannot tell the difference between it and a C63S sedan in random traffic.

These two are so close now they are almost indistinguishable. I only choose the E63S over the F90 because of the lack of innovation when it came to the engine choice for the F90. I'm hoping the next generation G90 M5 will not feature an S63xx version again, then I will be excited once more for the new M5.
The reviews have said so far that in terms of handling both are equivalent. I think the 100kg makes the M5 slightly more agile, but it has been quite interesting, seeing the reviewers argue that the E63 S has better steering feel (I for a second thought that was B.S.) and feels more point and squirt. I think the E63 S has far more personality than the M5 and than most of the previous gens of these type of cars. When I drove the E63 S, I felt it reminded me a lot of the M5 E60 in terms of character, and feeling like something special. It feels very special, from the get go. I have not been in the M5 but I have been in the 540i M Sport package and in the E43 AMG, and the AMG feels like it has the more refined and "techy" cabin. Both are epic though.
Appreciate 0