SD ///M4
///Multiple
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Coupe | M3 | Z4M Roadster

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TK421BMW View Post
I'm sorry, but the e90 pop out ones are horrible. My wife's car has them and we instinctively grab our cups when making any kind of turn. Travel mugs only sit a couple inches down in them. The ones in my e85 Z4 at least were deeper. But condensation from cold cups drips on the power window controls below. (facepalm)
I can agree with your assessment of both of those cup holders! My wife's previous 335is Coupe had those horrible slide out cup holders. Not only are they barely functional, the "driver's" cup holder is on the other side of the radio/HVAC controls, closer to the passengers cup holder than it is to the driver!

Fortunately, in the 7.5 years we owned that car neither of them broke, which is something I can't say about the really flimsy cup holders in my Z4 M Roadster. In the 7 years I've owned that car I've replaced the driver's cup holder twice. Part of the problem is that when they're pulled out it's really easy to hit with either of your knees when getting in or out of the car.

Bottom line: both are horrible designs

Appreciate 0