06-20-2021, 02:18 AM   #17
Wild Blue
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X7 M50i, 2004 330i w/ZHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenew3 View Post
Already did that. It still doesn't work. It shows the blue alexa circle when I say alexa, but then it exits almost immediately and says "please finish setting up alexa before use"
Hmmmm... sorry, I don't know from there. I saw instructions somewhere that Alexa is enabled/setup through the MyBMW app. Since I don't use Alexa, I can't say if there's anything past that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitch57 View Post
An hour might not be enough if the car sits for several days or if the car is only driven a few miles per day. I've heard of some people having to drive around for several hours.

Additionally, you might need to finish the download on your phone over WiFi first. Does the app on your phone tell you that it has finished the download? The update has to be download to the phone first before it will upload to the car. By default the app is set to download over WiFi only. You can change those settings under Remote Software Upgrade\Download settings on the app.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmciver View Post
This…. While the system is designed to be completely OTA (i.e. no need to use your phone), it has been buggy at best. My OTA experience has been that the download portion works best when downloading the update to your phone first via wifi in your house (or any wifi access point). The the upload from the phone to your car goes pretty quick….
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich5741 View Post
I may be dense, I don't see the download to phone option anymore. Using the new myBMW app.
My MyBMW screen looks exactly like Rich5741's above, saying in orange that there's an upgrade. But you can't select it, choose it, or swipe it in any way. Just says there's an upgrade.

My "preparing" is still stuck at 0%. Still not worried yet.

I drove 5+ hours, and 250 miles today. Starting another road trip I'll put in my big road trip thread. Now, I stopped quite a bit along the way to do pictures, and a good portion of that drive was out of cell phone coverage area, so maybe that affected the process for me.
And road trip journal to Denali and the Arctic Circle here in this thread!
Appreciate 0