View Single Post
      06-20-2021, 04:43 AM   #19
rich5741
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 xDrive40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Blue View Post
Hmmmm... sorry, I don't know from there. I saw instructions somewhere that Alexa is enabled/setup through the MyBMW app. Since I don't use Alexa, I can't say if there's anything past that point.

My MyBMW screen looks exactly like Rich5741's above, saying in orange that there's an upgrade. But you can't select it, choose it, or swipe it in any way. Just says there's an upgrade.

My "preparing" is still stuck at 0%. Still not worried yet.

I drove 5+ hours, and 250 miles today. Starting another road trip I'll put in my big road trip thread. Now, I stopped quite a bit along the way to do pictures, and a good portion of that drive was out of cell phone coverage area, so maybe that affected the process for me.
Mine actually went to 100% during a half hour drive shortly after I posted the above, and I was able to successfully perform the update. I did not do anything to the app or the phone, but on the phone it said something to the effect of “transferred to car” so the implication is the phone automatically downloaded and transferred it to the car.

I had to re-login to myBMW last night before the update, maybe that will help you guys (e.g. log out and log back in)? Also, my phone is set up in the car to allow link to BMW apps - when connected to the car, all three items in the image below show as connected (right now unconnected since I am not in the car).
Attached Images

Last edited by rich5741; 06-20-2021 at 08:03 AM..
Appreciate 0