Savageenterprise
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 (E93)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
That's how BMW dealers have killed the 1er and 2er. Hamstrung from the beginning from BMW AG/ BMW NA with a lack of a sedan, wagon or GT lift-back model and then what models are in stock are Optioned up to where they are right near the higher line 3er models. Then for dealer reps sell the benefits of the 3er. This Combined that with oodles of inventory of 3er and 4er models vs having to special order a 2er optioned the way you want it and the customer will most often take what's available.

Here in my area, most 2 series models were fully optioned out to just below M2 pricing, such that if you came in looking for an M240 and it was priced at 51-53k you were like wait what ?!

Savageenterprise it looks like the same happened to you.

BMW dealers sell M4 all day long to buyers that don't want to wait for an M2. Especially if all the M2 on the lot are optioned up vs an M4 which has more standard features and far more attractive lease rates ...
That's exactly what happened. But who in their right mind is going to pay $$ like that for a basic model? It was like $650 PM with a few grand down. As you explained, it just doesn't make sense when you can get a nicer car with better/same features for a more attractive lease.

I think the deal on paper was even more atrocious because of the residual on the A4. It was something like 51% I believe.