09-03-2020, 02:18 PM   #19
swissguy
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X7 40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyynkees23 View Post
SOLVED!!!! Easier than you think. I had 2 separate issues regarding the rear seats. 1st one involved one of the seats "unlocked" warnings in the "systems"/vehicle status menu that does not go away without dealer involvement. After a couple visits and removal of the seats and replacement of the sensors that warning was gone.

The 2nd type of warning as shown above in the pic posted by fdeschouwe prevented the power rear seats from being adjusted. The dealer couldn't figure it out, so I contacted BMW's corporate office, who essentially just got the dealer back involved with a supposed engineer. When I dropped off the X7 yesterday, my service advisor started playing around with it and lo and behold, the seats started moving. Turns out a customer had the same issue a week before and he decided to engage and disengage the child safety window button. When it is engaged the seats cannot be adjusted. When it is unlocked, viola! Movement. Turns out, it is mentioned in the owner's manual (and seen on the onscreen menu), but it is apparently under the Power Windows section, so it is buried and no one knew, perhaps because the X7 is the 1st BMW with adjustable rear seats? I really don't care. A service advisor figured it out and out of all of the advisors out there, mine just happened to be the one who knew the fix. My faith in BMW has been restored!!!
Thanks a bunch. I was having the same seat adjustment issue and was going to take the car to the dealer. After reading your post I went and unlocked the rear window switches and presto - the rear seat controls work again.
Appreciate 0