02-01-2018, 04:35 PM   #17376
RABAUKE
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche 993, 2014 MB GLK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maestro View Post
Yes and I shot competitively for years, spent many yrs at gun ranges shooting all kind of guns, even had the opportunity shoot a Thomson Automatic once, along with many years of hunting in the woods hearing gun shots coming from all over the place. I also live in the area where farmer are and from time to time you hear them firing at dear i assume.

I can still tell the difference between the gun shot and backfire. I am sorry they sound completely different. Maybe that is because I am into gun and gear head so absolutely know the difference.

I too agree the police responded as you hope once they realize what was going on, they totally laughed it off. In this day and age it could have gone complete wrong so I give them lots of credit for not being asses about someone else's mistake.
Yup, guns do have a distinct sound. Not all coppers shoot as much as they should and might not be 100% when they hear what they think is small arms fire....better safe than sorry. I worked lots of guys and gals who weren't into shooting. Their service weapons were a piece of equipment and that was all the thought they gave it. Also, you shot at the range....the report of a gun shot sounds different in different environments as I've been to the range and also heard gun fire in urban settings, and in rural settings as well.....would you prefer the police err on the side of caution or not.....let me answer that for you, they get paid to err on the side of caution....

Last edited by RABAUKE; 02-01-2018 at 04:56 PM..
Appreciate 0