View Single Post
      07-19-2015, 02:42 PM   #6
casualDIYer
Major
Rep
Drives: 340i xDrive M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driggett View Post
I will be attending the August 1st and 2nd BMW CCA GGC HPDE at Thunderhill raceway and was wondering if it is too much for my 2014 BMW 335i m-sport to share it with two novice HPDE drivers? I would like to take my 18year old. He is an excellent driver and has modified his Mazda 3 so I am not worried about him but if the car can take it.
Thanks,
Chris
The car can take it but since you'll both be in the novice group you'll be short a car. Likely they'll bump one of you to intermediate but that won't be a lot of fun. A novice in the intermediate group will constantly be waving cars by. If you can get two cars get two cars. If you're first timers the novice group is the best place to start.

As novices the car's current setup is likely fine. If you haven't done a brake fluid flush in more than 12 months, I'd do that. Check pads and tire tread depth to ensure you have enough. You'll need that for a tech check anyway. If you return a couple if times your skill will likely start to really punish the conti run flats i.e you'll start to kill them but they'll strike back and eventually try to kill you. If you get a bit of the track bug tires will likely be the first thing you change but won't be the last
Appreciate 0