View Single Post
      10-07-2019, 02:58 PM   #21
Tambohamilton
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: E91 330d

Worth pointing out that the default mode ('SC', if you like) is different from DSC mode (short-press the button) which is also different from long-pressing the button to turn off almost all driving nannies...

I think it's pretty selfish/irresponsible to drive on a public road with it fully off (long press the button). If you think you're better than the car's control system, you're wrong.

Switching to DSC mode (short press the button)...sure if you must. But not in rush hour traffic etc - that's just pointless. You really are a tool if you're trying to go sideways on a busy public road.

For me, I can appreciate driving my car without even losing traction (before the stability control kicks in at all). Occasionally I do drive like a d*ck, and can see why DSC feels like the fun-police, but really for the safety of others around you, surely just leave it be. If you want to get loose in your car, go to a track or maybe even a disused parking lot (which you folks in the US seem to have a few of - lucky sods!), and do what you like.

Sent from the comfort of my rocking chair and slippers, using my Android phone, because seemingly I'm an old fart.
Appreciate 3
Ngilbe361618.50