View Single Post
      09-04-2019, 10:04 AM   #24
plumcrazy
Rep
Drives: Audi S5

Yup, love the jetboat! Here are some pics of the cables.

Full towing review of 7000lb RV (6200 dry)

I have the Curt Echo brake controller, worked great on 8 hours round trip driving. Does seem like slight delay from pressing break until RV/camper pulls, but works fine.

I have a Furrion observation camera on back of RV. Would go on for a sec, off for 3, continous loop -worked perfectly with my f150. called furrion - they said german cars put out like 10 volts not the full 12. so they sent me a prototype cable (you can see in pic), fixed the problem - and also felt like brakes more responsive too

towing under 50 mph was awesome, engine quite, tons of pull, great stopping power, no sway, was really nice - better than f150 v8. towing at 65MPH - wasn't a big fan. lots of sway, when car/truck flies by faster would drift a lot, definatley can't just chill while driving. using 9 chain lenghts on the weight distribution hitch.

going to do closer camping trips more often - if longer ones, may rent a F250/2500 truck to pull the camper.

again per my previous post, towing 4500/5000 lb boat - was awesome, better than truck.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0