View Single Post
      01-22-2008, 03:18 PM   #13
masmole
Captain
Rep
Drives: blue, gray, brown cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
I am not defending BMW, but the cars that are being built now or have been built already were most likely never meant to be sold to customers at this stage. They are most likely all demo cars that the dealerships are supposed to use to promote the product. I doubt that full scale US production has even started yet. But I might be wrong. Regardless, BMW knew this would happen and didn't do anything about it.
I think that if they were just meant to be a fleet of demo cars then the dealers receiving them would have some kind of bulletin specifying these cars as demos. And if they were really strictly intended to be just demos, I would've thought that the ordering system wouldn't have allowed dealers to make modifications on the car to allow a customer to spec' it or even change the priority tag on the ordering system as "PRIORITY 1 - CUSTOMER ORDERED" and actually applying the customers' names on the cars. My car which is tied to my name as customer ordered car, can be registered on bmw owners circle, has a VIN, and is also in AWAITING TRANSPORT status doesn't seem like a demo car. Ironically, because I'm passing on it to hold out for an MDKG version, it will now become a demo car if the alternate buyer who interested flakes out.

Perhaps the real intended demo cars were mostly damaged at the little mishap at the NJ port.
Appreciate 0