View Single Post
      01-23-2018, 01:47 AM   #22
jackcc
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 LBB

I would like to share some thoughts on the Dinan suspension after installing it for 2 weeks. It echos many others' comments here, which is the reason I bought Dinan instead of KW or Ohlins.

Roads: filled with manhole covers, pot holes, and repairs from years of tropical rain & typhoon. Expansion joints on expressways and land bridges.

Setup: stock Conti tires on stock-sized BBS LM, lowered to -0.75" front / -0.5" rear. No "packers" used because I wanted maximum suspension travel before hitting bumpstops.

Ride:
Small surface imperfactions - great! Impacts are more "heard" than "felt"
Medium bumps - good. I would say about 20-30% noticeable improvement. No more pogo stick bounciness.
Large bumps & Speed bumps - still stiff. It seems same or worse than stock once the suspension travel / compliance runs out. Just slow down for these and you'll be fine.

Handling: because of the softer feel, there seems to be a small increase in body roll during turn-in. Not making it into a boat or anything but it's there. The lack of the pogo stick effect actually allows better mid-corner steering corrections. It feels a little less like a stiffly-sprung go-kart now, more of a firm sport suspension.

Overall: I wish the stock suspension was like this from the factory.
Appreciate 5