05-26-2018, 11:46 PM   #4
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtstar View Post
I'm looking to get a 2018 F30 for myself and soon to be wife (sort of a wedding gift). We're looking at a 340i xDrive. (We live in Toronto).

I could use some input on what options would be worth it / not worth it.

- Is the Merino leather worth the extra $1,900 CAD? Or would it be better that I spend the money on the M Performance Kit 2, and get the additional 30 HP? My daily commute is about a 10 KM city round trip.

- With all of the options I selected, (M Performance 1 & 2, Premium Essentials), the total options come up to $12,095). My dealer has a "special M performance" edition in stock which is pretty much fully loaded, including the added M skirts, badges, etc. That has a total "option" cost of $16,000. It also comes in Snapper Rocks Blue

Question - Should I spec out my own car, save about ~$4,000, and get exactly what I want?

Or should I go with the M Performance edition, which has everything I want + more, but also costs ~$4K more, and it might be harder to get a discount on it.

Any thoughts?
Merino Leather in a F30 for $1800 CAD (~$1400 USD) ?

When did Merino Leather outside of a BMW Individual become an option on a F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobalis View Post
Plus can they guarantee the discount you'd get on the ordered car now when you technically won't take delivery on it months from now?

With the brand I'm at, we can only work pricing the month of purchase because the programs change monthly. You can't lock in discounts from the month of ordering.

I'm saying this so you can get this questions addressed, these could help you lean one way or another.
In USA, BMW used to be able to lock in discounts for 60 days from order, unless that has also changed.
Appreciate 0