View Single Post
      05-01-2006, 07:07 PM   #138
tl_boy
Major
Rep
Drives: tl

Thats missing the boat FeeBear. Outsourcing is not what this issue is about. Its about people who don't pay taxes, are not documented using services that is being paid by citizens. Its not about nationalism (at least thats what I'm getting from this), its about fair share.

I honestly don't know enough about both sides to argue who is right and who is wrong, but I think both sides have valid points.

My brother in law didn't even tell the GM to fire people who don't show up. She, a mexican-american, decided that. Of course college graduates won't apply for those jobs, but the thing is, even Mexican American citizens were protesting, it wasn't just the illegals. I even saw German and Indian flags in the protest marches...

I think that it is a irresponsible thing to do (to not show up to the company that you work for, which damages your company, for what, to make a statement for one day?). That one day can screw up things for weeks. Lets say they didn't show up, the rooms would be dirty, customers would complain, and my brothers franchises would suffer. Then, they expect to come back on Tuesday and find a job?

nope. I'm going to call him today to see how it turned out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeeBear
TL_Boy, your brother-in-law was well within his rights to fire them. Of course a lawyer might disagree, but skip work for no good reason and get fired.

Now that being said how many University of Houston grads do you think will be applying job? How many Longhorns Grads will be applying for those jobs? None, chances are that your brother-in-law will hire more Mexicans. Why because working for a cleaning services although honorable work is what most English speaking people in this country don't want.

I said before we are missing the boat on the real issue. We shouldn't be up in arms about jobs paying $5/Hr. It is the others jobs that Corporate American is moving overseas that is really killing us.

I am Consultant,

1) I just finished a project so that Hospital in New England can have their X-rays read by people over in India and Australia!

2) I also completed another project IP Telephony so that a Bank can have it's call center communication sent over to India.

How many of the product we buy here is actually assembled here? Hell even BMW threw the US a bone by having the X5 and I think Z4 assembled here in the USA. Wake up. talk to your congressmen, that s what needs to be our real focus.
Appreciate 0