Rep
Drives: 2019 G05 40i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark609 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspiring335 View Post
Main absolute dealbreaker for me was the shocking reliability. I had 11 warranty repairs in 14 months of ownership, and sold the car because I just couldn't take it any more.

Overall it would have been a great car werenit not for the reliability issues. Because of these issues, I'd probably never buy a Volvo again.
That really is a shame! Wonder if that's because the Swedes gave up the brand and the Chinese owners Zhejiang Geely Holding Group just don't have their heart (and minds) into it.
I'd love to say I was unlucky, but while my vehicle was an extreme case, the forums are full of reliability horror stories (more so than can be explained just by the self-selecting nature of forums). My dealer had three other XC90s in the shop with the same air suspension issue when I was going through that particular hell. The loaner they gave me displayed the suspension failure message while my car was being repaired. I think this issue has been resolved now, though. I also think the 2019s have more processing power for the sensus system.

My favourite line from the dealer was that the car hadn't been designed for extreme cold. Last time I checked, Sweden isn't known for its warm winters.