Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: X3 xDrive28i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Coles
Thanks Jeff. I'll remember to post info on the June School here. Even if you and Hawkshaw don't do the June school you should drive out and watch some of it. Like looking at the 335i Coupe it can be addictive.

Hawkshaw, no need to have any other involvement in the club other than membership ($5x.xx/yr) to do the schools. It's a requirement in order to be covered under the event insurance coverage that's provided.

BTW, it's one of the only times you can drive your street car on a race track and have your full auto insurance in effect. Fortunately, it's rarely been needed (IIRC 3 times in the last 25 years, twice in the last 10), but having written off a previous street car at another (non-BMW) track event your damn happy to have it when needed.

My dilemma, E92 328i vs 335i, has gotten worse as the only way I can see to swing it would be to sell the M3. If I do that then I could get 80-85% of the kick that I get from the M3, have my wife much happier with me and perhaps retire before I'm 75.

I'm not 100% tied to getting an E92 but 80-90%. Just love the look, while the E90 is great the E92 is really great. Unfortunately the E90 330i won't work for me as their residuals aren't high enough. I've got an ex, current spouse, teenage kids - oldest just started university, new house, and three cars, so leasing is my only option.

I'm dealing with Cam (Campbell Harbord, their Sales Manager). I know most of the people there and while many are nice the dealership itself really is making more people upset than happy. If they weren't the only BMW Shop in the region they'd likely be out of business or change their ways. I've known Martin for some time now but get my work done at All Euro Automotive, Bedford. Darren was Halifax BMW's top tech for 10+ years before he left to do his own shop. $60/hr and better/more BMW experience than anyone else in the area make him hard to resist. The fact that he's my neighbour and a car enthusiast (99 M3, 911 Targa, 70 Roadrunner) also adds to the mix.

My offices are in Cogswell Tower. We should meet up sometime.
Wow, thanks for all the great info Alan!

If you were buying the 335, I'd say sell the M3. However, if you sell the M3 to get into a lease on the 335, then you've got nada when your lease comes up. Given all the info, my advice (and it's only one man's opinion) would be to go with the e92 328 coupe and keep the M3. The e92 would turn some heads and the M3 will still keep 'em in the dust!

As El Capitan said, keep us in the loop for the driving school, it might be worth the membership fee. I also might check out the shop you mentioned for my next service. Truth be told, I'm not 100% satisfied with my OEM rear trunk spoiler installation, so maybe I'll take it to your guy for his opinion.

As far as meeting up goes, would love to get a look at that M3, unless of course it's been shelved for the season. I took advantage of the mild weather for a good wash & detail of my exterior today, and went for a short cruise around the city. The interior needs a little love though!