Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '04 330i ZHP

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [9.50]
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
my buddy is a state trooper in IL, works the toll roads around chicago land.

double the legal limit is considered wreckless driving... you won't get arrested for anything under 110... at least on the toll roads. Usually they just want 1. your money and 2. to not have to do much that day so my buddy says usually if youre doing something substantial enough to get their attention you'll get a ticket (ie, weaving through traffic at 75mph and abruptly changing lanes looks much worse than going 85 in a 65 but staying in your own lane). also, they don't want to hassle with taking you in to the station... especially a little further out from the city where they patrol up to almost 100 miles away from their home station in some cases. taking you in means less tickets and though the idea of "quotas" has always been quickly dismissed by any cop i have been friends with, it still looks good to bring in some money for the city/county/state. i've been pulled over 4 times in my life, 3 in one year when i was 18 (had a 3 month suspension too). 2 times, I was under the 15 over mark and was just in the wrong place at the wrong time. the two others I was doing 110mph and 121mph (i remember cuz it was as fast as my old accord would go). The 121 I actually got really lucky and slammed the breaks quickly enough to get a 84 in a 65 (i'm guessing he also rounded down a little). the second time i wasn't so lucky and got smacked with a 103 in a 75. I thought I was going to jail no doubt but he just took my license, handed me a ticket for $350 bucks and sent me on my way.

it does depend on the cop too... some guys are nice, some just want to teach you some dumb lesson by ruining your day (usually the guys who were douche bags in HS and got picked on, now they over enforce their authority).

either way, a good radar is a smart investment (x50, v1) and my buddy said the nicer you are to the cops, they nicer they'll be back to you.
Appreciate 0