View Single Post
      03-12-2018, 11:03 AM   #3
bbnks2
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by beattiecj View Post
I am going to install ohlins coilovers this coming weekend and will measure if you are willing to wait that long. Currently running stock suspension on a 2012 135i.

Not sure what your use is, do you mind sharing your setup i.e. camber, toe, castor etc if you have it available?
yes, please post.

you can find the "target" ride heights on a dealer (BMW) alignment sheet, but I am not sure how accurate it is since it's a range. Each car is slightly different in springs and packages that might affect ride height. Also, BMW provides ride height measurement as taken from the bottom of the wheel to the fender... not from the wheel center. And technically this is a poor way of measuring ride height as GROUND CLEARANCE is what you should be using to measure rake... not fender gap clearance. Fender measurement is just a quick way for the dealer to inspect for a sagging suspension.

Gangplank what was the "before" measurement? Seems like you have a lot of rake dialed in... From what I remember, the stock ride height provided for 8mm higher front measurement then rear.

Here is a dealer sheet I found:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/attac...1&d=1313087067

Front 599mm/ Rear 592mm (with 16" wheels apparently)

Last edited by bbnks2; 03-12-2018 at 01:17 PM..
Appreciate 1